BARTLEY PHOTO SUPERIMPOSED ON POINT REYES PHOTO
Dedicated Legal Advocacy for Individuals at Every Level
- Employment & labor law — Severance agreements; unpaid sales commissions & stock options; joint employer issues; staffing agency issues; contractor vs. employee issues; Labor Code 970 misrepresentation inducing move of residence; Labor Code 1050 blackballing; Fair Employment and Housing Act ("FEHA") retaliation against complainant or witness; wrongful termination in violation of public policy, representing individuals from staff level clerical and sales to high-level executives earning six-figure and seven-figure remuneration.
- Sexual harassment — Have handled a plethora of sexual harassment cases against all levels: harassment by and against C-suite executives, co-workers, supervisors, medical professionals, lawyers, and prison guards. All types: hostile work environment; offensive touching; rape; male-on-female harassment; same-sex harassment; extreme emotional distress.
- Business law — Employment hire letters; sales commission contracts; stock options vesting; real estate deals; general corporate counsel for small companies and professional group practices); trade secrets protection; buy-sell agreements; contracts negotiation and drafting.
- Antitrust — Sherman Act and Robinson-Patman; compliance with consent decrees; treble damages for price-fixing; market allocation; price discrimination; exclusive dealing; rarely prosecuted Ostrofe-type individual retaliation over refusal to violate antitrust laws; parameters of lawful non-compete agreements; delivery of Fortune 100 in-house preventative compliance programs for Fortune 100 corporations.
- False Claims Act — For over three decades, Bartley Law Offices has prosecuted False Claims Act qui tam whistleblower cases, ranging from Medicare fraud to defense contractor fraud to higher education fraud. See, e.g., United States ex rel. Hendow v. Univ. of Phoenix, 461 F.3d 1166, 1174, reh. den. (9th Cir. 2006), cert. denied 127 S.Ct. 2099 (2007).
- Catastrophic Injury — Representation of the client who has experienced life-changing physical, emotional, or financial injury as a result of the failure of the defendant (e.g., a business, an individual, a professional practice, a motorist) to exercise the duty of care required by law.
Personal Service Second to None
Accessible remotely and physically located at the easily accessible The Pruneyard Center in Campbell, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley, we provide services in the North Bay Wine Country (Marin, Sonoma, Napa), in Silicon Valley (San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Alameda County (Fremont), and south to Santa Cruz, and Monterey. We practice in both state and federal courts, at both trial level and appellate level, including California Court of Appeal, California Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals, and US. Supreme Court. We also represent individuals in mediations and arbitrations before experienced legal professionals and retired judges, via JAMS and the American Arbitration Association, from Santa Rosa to Monterey. We take pride in responding immediately to client inquiries via text messages, email, and phone calls.